You are unable to access this product,
Please register the account first.
Tirzepatide is a dual GIP and GLP-1 receptor agonist. Like Semaglutide, it mimics the effects of the hormone GLP-1. But it also activates receptors for another hormone called Glucose-dependent insulinoptropic polypeptide, or GIP. When Tirzepatide binds to GLP-1 and GIP receptors throughout the body, it has potent effects on controlling blood sugar and promoting fullness. Some key benefits include:
- Strong appetite suppression: By stimulating both GLP-1 and GIP receptors in the brain, Tirzepatide may enhance the feeling of fullness more than GLP-1 agonists alone. This can lead to eating less food.
- Robust blood sugar control: Activating GIP receptors boosts the insulin-secreting effect of GLP-1 when blood sugar is high after eating. Tirzepatide more effectively lowers high post-meal blood sugar spikes.
- Reduction in fat tissue: Lowered appetite and blood sugar lead to fewer calories consumed and absorbed. Over time, excess calories previously stored as fat are mobilized for energy use instead.
- Improved cholesterol and triglyceride levels: Tirzepatide influences liver and fat metabolism in a way that favors healthier lipid profiles.
Studies show people can lose 15-25% of their body weight on Tirzepatide. Its dual mechanism burns more calories and prevents weight regain better than single-receptor agonists. When combined with diet and exercise, it provides powerful metabolic effects. The most common side effects include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, indigestion, and stomach (abdominal) pain. These are not all the possible side effects of Tirzepatide. Talk to your healthcare provider about any side effects.
- If you take birth control pills talk to your healthcare provider. Birth control pills may not work as well while using Semaglutide or Tirzepatide. Your healthcare provider may recommend another type of birth control for 4 weeks after you start Tirzepatide and for 4 weeks after each increase in your dose.
- There is an increased risk of miscarriage associated with the use of GLP-1 agonists during pregnancy.